Sunday, April 17

I know...I know.

Really people...I know. It's way past time for an update! Here's a quicky (sorry, no pics!) and I promise I'll try to do better here soon.

So...we made it back to NC! The packers/movers did a great job and we ended up with only one minor casualty (the leg broke off of our handmade dresser, but my f-in-law Joseph can fix it!). Considering that we had approximately 17,000 pounds and almost 500 boxes/items...that's not too shabby!

Luckily for us (me), Josh's company paid for us to have "unpackers" as well. Sweet! This proved to be more than helpful in my kitchen (cause who likes unpacking dishes and glasses?). By 6 pm on move-in day we had a pretty functional kitchen, a set-up bed, unpacked closet, and Landon's room put together! All-in-all, a pretty decent move. Hopefully, it will be the last for a long, long while!

We've been here a little over a month now and we're feeling pretty settled. There is still, of course, lots to do...especially in the yard! Our home had never been lived in but had been built for over 2 years! So our lawn had been minimally cared for, and for those of you who know Josh...that was an issue! Everything is nice and green (even if it is mostly weeds) and we're slowly getting some flowers and planters to add color and decor to the house. Still, however, there is nothing on our walls! Only handprints and scuff marks (yeah for kids!) adorn our walls right now, but hopefully in the next few weeks we'll remedy that...correction, I'll remedy that...correction, Joseph will remedy that!

Josh has been loving his new position within the company but it requires lots of travel. So far he's been to: Las Vegas, Denver, Daytona, Atlanta, Talledega, Miami and Dallas. I can't keep up with it all! He's usually only gone about 3 days out of the week...so it's tolerable-but still an adjustment for us all.

Landon is 18 months old now and into everything! He is super huge (almost 31 lbs) and super tall (35") and wears a size 7 shoe. His personality is beginning to really show up now. He is strong-willed, fearless and determined to get what he wants. Who'd have thought? :) He's very loud, mostly happy, quite flirty, and loves attention! Again, who'd have thought? :) Josh and I are enjoying being parents (although we have no clue what we're doing!) and we feel blessed to have been given such a marvelous gift as Landon.

I suppose that's the best update I can give everyone. Hopefully I will get my camera/computer rhythm going here soon (when I find that pesky cord!) and be able to better update those of you who still bother to check this thing! :)

1 comment:

Faydra said...

Glad to see you back to blogging and good to get an update. How nice to have unpackers! Will Josh always have to travel this much?

About Me

My photo
We're the Jones family...est. 2005, Wilmington, NC...now living in St. Petersburg, FL. We just welcomed our first son, Landon into the family. Big brother Grant is very excited for the new "playmate".